3 great walks from / around the Duke of York, Pomeroy
The Duke of York is right in the middle of a great area for walking in the heart of the beautiful walking area of Derbyshire. Working with Dave from Walks from The Door and artist Paul Gent we have created a guide for 3 of the local walks (price 50p from the bar or the shop). The walks are centered around the pub / campsite and range in distance from 5 miles to 7.6 miles. They can be combined to make longer walks if you would like.
The summaries of the three walks are shown below. The route descriptions and maps are easy to follow. We have even provided you with details of some nice places to stop and refresh yourselves during the walk. Of course we hope to see you back at the Duke of York for a great lunch or dinner when you finish.
Monyash & Flagg
- 5.4 miles: Fairly easy
- Follow flower-lined green lanes to two limestone villages, and sample a short stretch of the High Peak Trail.
Flagg & Chelmorton
- 5 or 6 miles: Fairly easy
- Wander via field paths and country lanes through the villages of Flagg and Chelmorton, returning on the High Peak Trail.
Crowdecote & Pilsbury Castle
- 7.6 miles: Fairly strenuous
- Take a rewarding hike via a scenic hilltop to a pretty village and a Norman castle site in the Dove valley.